In the market of automatic coffee machines, DeLonghi Magnifica vs Saeco Incanto are two prominent names. Both are known for their exceptional quality. We are going to see the comparison between their top products, DeLonghi Magnifica ECAM 23260SB and Saeco Incanto HD8917/48, to find the best automatic coffee machine for the money.
Our discussion will cover everything about
- The design and build quality of each coffee machine
- The features of the DeLonghi Magnifica and the Saeco Incanto
- The grinder of DeLonghi Magnifica vs Saeco Incanto
- The comparison of these coffee machines’ pros and cons
- Which automatic coffee machine that is generally better
DeLonghi Magnifica: Design
DeLonghi Magnifica ECAM23260SB is a small, compact coffee machine with double thermo blocks and some incredible features and functions. Of all the highlights, one of the most attractive features of this automatic coffee machine is the single-touch hot milk system which will allow you to press a single button to start brewing coffee immediately. See also: Cafe Bustelo vs Folgers.
It also features an easy to use digital control panel with programmable settings. You can configure the machine to switch on and off automatically. DeLonghi Magnifica ECAM23260SB is capable of brewing espresso, bold macchiato, rich cappuccino, and creamy latte in the comfort of your home. Also, DeLonghi Magnifica ECAM23260SB has a hot water spout for making tea or hot chocolate.
While this unit is rather heavy, it is actually quite lighter than the other models that offer similar features. It also has a compact footprint. Hence, this unit is suitable for a kitchen or dining room with limited space. It can serve multiple people at the same time. The integrated milk carafe has an automatic cleaning system that will reduce the required maintenance effort to keep the unit in good condition.
DeLonghi Magnifica: Features
DeLonghi Magnifica vs Saeco Incanto both have comprehensive features. But DeLonghi Magnifica is particularly intriguing because the company has somehow managed to fit all those features in such a compact, space-friendly body. Some notable features of DeLonghi Magnifica ECAM23260SB are:
- One-touch operation for brewing coffee as conveniently as possible
- Built-in stainless steel burr grinder for brewing coffee from fresh whole beans, complete with 13 selectable settings, a 8.8-oz container and a sealing lid
- Pre-ground coffee container
- Huge 60-oz removable water tank with a built-in filtration system for easier refilling and maintenance
- LatteCrema System for brewing espresso-based beverages with rich and tasty milk foam
- Able to deliver double shots for making tall drinks
- Thermoblock technology for precise and stable brewing temperature
- Adjustable spout height to prevent spilling when using any cup or mug size
- Removable brewing unit, containers, and drip tray for easy cleaning
DeLonghi Magnifica: Pros
- Compact Size. The first advantage of DeLonghi Magnifica vs Saeco Incanto is the smaller overall size and footprint. This is a real benefit if you have a very limited space on your countertop.
- Adjustable spout height. Being able to adjust the height of the spout is very useful if you often brew espresso-based drinks, which require taller glasses or mugs. DeLonghi Magnifica has this feature; Saeco Incanto doesn’t.
- More grind settings. If you want to be as precise as possible with your grind, DeLonghi Magnifica is a better choice due to having 13 selectable grind settings. They range from fine to coarse. As a comparison, Saeco Incanto only has five selectable grind settings, so the precision won’t be as good.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance. The built-in filtration system will allow you to enjoy your coffee without any funny taste, and it will also reduce how often that you need to descale your coffee machine. The essential parts are removable for easy cleaning.
|DeLonghi Magnifica||Saeco Incanto|
|Best Price||click here||click here|
|Product Dimensions||9.4 x 16.9 x 13.4 inches||19.7 x 18.3 x 11.5 inches
|Shipping Weight||28.4 pounds||21.1 pounds
DeLonghi Magnifica: Cons
- Stainless steel burr grinder. This is fine if you don’t grind continuously. However, stainless steel can generate and build-up heat quite quickly, and heat is bad for your coffee. To avoid overheating, do not grind continuously for too long. Saeco Incanto has a ceramic grinder, which is generally a better quality grinder.
Saeco Incanto: Design
Saeco Incanto HD8917/48 is a super automatic espresso and coffee machine. Just like DeLonghi Magnifica ECAM23260SB, Saeco Incanto HD8917/48 promises easy, convenient, and quick operation. You only need to press one button to get your preferred coffee drink. It also offers some automatic cleaning features to ease the maintenance.
There is a milk carafe on the front. It has a quick clean function which will rinse the interior after every use. This won’t substitute real cleaning, but still useful for brewing multiple drinks in a row. The automatic milk frother will allow you to make macchiato, cappuccino, or latte with smooth and tasty milk.
However, one of the problems with many modern coffee machines now is that they are made of plastic. Unfortunately, Saeco Incanto HD8917/48 falls into the same issue. Despite being a premium model that costs quite a lot of bucks, most of Saeco Incanto HD8917/48 is still made of plastic.
On the positive side, it doesn’t look or feel like a toy. This is mainly due to the brushed aluminum panels with black highlights on the front and top. The drip tray is also made of stainless steel. The European-style design is timeless and attractive, and will fit nicely into any kitchen.
But, there’s a catch. If we compare the size of DeLonghi Magnifica vs Saeco Incanto, it is easy to notice that this coffee machine is larger and heavier. As the effect, fitting this coffee machine into a crowded kitchen may be a more difficult challenge. Then again, if you have plenty of space on your countertop, that is not a problem.
Saeco Incanto: Features
Saeco Incanto is a decent choice for people who don’t want to wait too long for their coffee. This machine brews quickly. It is also able to deliver shots after shots with pretty good consistency. The most notable features of Saeco Incanto HD8917/48 are:
- The sophisticated Quick Heat Boiler, which is able to heat up rapidly and reach the optimum brewing temperature in no time. You can get your morning coffee in a matter of seconds. Really great.
- Six one-touch buttons for espresso, lungo, macchiato, cappuccino, milk froth, or hot water. No need to bother with complicated settings. The hot water function is useful for making tea or hot chocolate.
- Five customizable settings with a memo function. If you want to fine-tune your coffee, Saeco Incanto HD8917/48 will allow you to do so. The memo function is for saving your personal preferences.
- Ceramic disc grinder with five selectable settings ranging from the finest to the coarsest. The bean hopper capacity is 8.8-oz.
- Can also work with pre-ground coffee.
- Removable 60.9-oz water reservoir with the AquaClean filter.
- Fully removable brewing unit, which can be cleaned easily by running it under tap water.
The ceramic disc grinder on Saeco Incanto HD8917/48 is really good. It is very robust and durable, so you don’t need to worry about wear after using it for a few years. The ceramic disc grinder is expected to last for a minimum of 20,000 cups of coffee, and this is much longer than a stainless steel grinder’s life expectancy. More importantly, the ceramic disc grinder doesn’t generate a significant amount of heat, so it will not burn your coffee.
Saeco Incanto: Pros
- Ceramic disc grinder. As explained above, a ceramic disc grinder is generally better the stainless steel counterpart. It doesn’t generate as much heat, and it can last for a longer time.
- Fast heat-up and brewing. If you often find yourself in a hurry in the morning before going to work, Saeco Incanto can assist you in the caffeine department. Just hit the button, and it will deliver your favorite coffee drink in no time.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance. The AquaClean filter will eliminate any impurity from the water to give the best quality coffee. It also reduces the need of descaling. Both the water reservoir and brewing unit are removable and easy to clean.
Saeco Incanto: Cons
- Large body. Compared to DeLonghi Magnifica, Saeco Incanto has a larger footprint and thus requires more space. This might be a problem if your countertop doesn’t have much free space to begin with.
- Fixed spout height. The spout height on Saeco Incanto is fixed to standard cup and mug sizes. As the effect, it will be difficult to use very short or very tall mugs.
- Limited grind settings. There are only five grind settings that you can select from, which are equivalent to very fine, fine, medium, coarse, and very coarse. These settings are already sufficient for most coffee drinks.
DeLonghi Magnifica vs Saeco Incanto
Both of the two coffee machines are high-quality units with impressive capabilities. In general, DeLonghi Magnifica is better because it is more practical to use. It has a compact, space-friendly size, an adjustable spout height, and multiple grind settings. However, if you exclusively brew coffee from fresh whole beans, Saeco Incanto is arguably better due to having a ceramic disc grinder.